The Digital Mapping Techniques Workshop 2011, co-hosted by the U.S. Geological Survey, The College of William and Mary Geology Department, and the Virginia Division of Geology and Mineral Resources, will be held May 22-25 in Williamsburg, Virginia. Online registration will be available soon, but hotel information is available now.
(1) Registration -- the cost ($150) covers the Sunday evening icebreaker, breakfast and coffee breaks on Mon, Tues., and Wed., and the Monday evening social. Please register at http://guest.cvent.com/d/6dq6vf/1Q
(2) Hotels -- The Williamsburg Hospitality House is our conference hotel. It's located just across the street from the meeting venues. Hotel rooms are available at the conference rate of $91. Parking is free. The agreement is being signed this week; within a few days you'll be able to reserve a room by calling 1-800-932-9192 and requesting the group by name "DIgital Mapping" or "DMT". If you wish to extend your stay in the area, this rate will be available from two nights before the meeting through two additional nights after the meeting. The conference rate is available until May 1.
The Williamsburg Hospitality House
415 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
OTHER HOTELS IN THE AREA:
Other hotels are not located within easy walking distance of the meeting venues. Because tourism is a major industry in Williamsburg, there are many choices in these general areas:
- to the north and west of the College, along Richmond Road and Bypass Road
- to the southeast of the College and Colonial Williamsburg, along Pocahontas Trail (Route 60) toward Busch Gardens
- the various hotels operated by Colonial Williamsburg (http://www.history.org/visit/hotels/index.cfm). These range from deluxe (Williamsburg Inn and Lodge) to more affordable but still very nice (Woodlands hotel and suites)